Thursday 21 November 2013

Best budget candles...

I am starting to get obsessed with candles. I don't quite understand where some designers are coming from when they put a price tag on their candles, i've stuck my snout in some pretty expensive candles and honestly thought they smelt like horse pee...I may have even said it out loud in the store. That's why i love Tkmaxx, their candle selection is always a mess, but they have some beautiful candles at decent prices. It comes down to personal taste in scent, i like sweet candles, i also like sweet perfumes, maybe my sniffing preference is a little immature, but anything that smells like a sweet shop ticks my box! I recently picked up a large candle at TKmaxx called christmas candy. How perfect is that!?

Does price really matter when it comes to a candle? I get that maybe an £80 candles scent may fill the room faster with a stronger longer lasting scent, but are we really going to spend that much!? Not me.

I was having a little browse around Primark and saw a few of their candles, I've had a couple before but they were just for decor purpose around the bath and spent most of the time drowned in a puddle from the shower spray, or Jaydon playing splash in the bath. Anyway, they have their christmas candles in at Primark so i had a quick wiff, they don't smell bad at all and even better, they are £1! They look very christmassy, little glass jars with snowflakes on the labels. They have lids which aren't that easy to get on and off but you get there in the end. If you get them home, light them up and decide they smell rank it's only a quid down the pan and life goes on! I've had guests come through the door whilst they've been lit and none of them thought one of my cats had taken to a corner and died, always a bonus.




When the Christmas shelves have dissapeared i am defo going to have a sniff of their full candle range. Cheap and cheerful all the way.

Anyone else know a store that's brill for candles from £0-£15 range? Let me know! I'd like to say you can never have enough candles, but i have a toddler, so i don't have enough places high enough out of his reach, thus, sadly i have a candle limit! =(

Thanks for reading!
https://twitter.com/Kara_FBeauBaby
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fashionbeautybaby/1395945103979517


No comments:

Post a Comment