Wednesday 20 November 2013

Day shopping in mansfield

Hello all! i'm feeling rather festive today! I really want to put my decs up at home, but i feel its far too early! I see people on facebook putting their's up and others calling them crazy! I've decided on the 1st Dec, which is also my father's birthday, so will invite him over, have a beer or two, some festive tunes and attempt to put baubles on a tree with a 14 month old pulling them back off!

I went shopping in Mansfield today, santa's grotto was there, naturally, i was more excited than my infant son about it. Its £3.50 to go and speak with santa, and the photographer there will charge you for pictures. I just got the one photo in a card fold frame, that was £5, so i would recommend, although it lasted all of 60 seconds! Jaydon cried as soon as santa took him on his lap, safe to say he doesn't like strangers holding him, nevermind strangers in oversized red suits and terribly kept beards. Here is the photo they took, luckily his cry somewhat looks like laughter!



 
Now let's get to the retail therapy side of things! I have been on a mission to find another perfect leather jacket, or a good quality faux leather one since i lost mine a couple years back at Rock City. However, i am very fussy when it comes to the staple leather jacket. It has to be black. It has to have some detailing on it, but not too much. It has to be mid length, i do not like ones that come down to the top of the thighs, and it cannot be cropped either. It certainly cannot be so shiny everyone instantly knows it's plastic.
After hunting around select, primark, dotty p, new look, tkmaxx and a couple little shops i had given up. My last stop off was sainsburys for the child's toddler milk formular. After a quick glance round the TU clothes i found this little number

 
It is lovely, its the right length, it ends just at my hip which i find looks better with dresses. There's nothing better than putting a biker jacket over a girly dress, and i always wear mine open. The embellished gems are just enough to stop it being plain and boring, they are clumped together to form almost a chain like design, no gaps where you can see the gems loose attachment to the jacket. Its not real leather, but the quilted design makes it look better quality. At £35, i'm not going to grumble and hopefully it wears ok as i intend to wear it a lot this winter! This was defo the number one purchase of the day and im rather happy with it! so if you're looking for one, pop over to sainsburys for this £35 bargain.
On my search i brought a necklace and earrings from Internacionale, which i find isn't great for clothes, but brill for fashion jewellery. Picked up this longline necklace which is long enough to double up too. Its so pretty, the pale pink glitter hearts look like sugared sweets. I love it, it's very girly.
Make up wise i've been and grabbed the Rimmel wake me up foundation which is brill, and a Maybelline colour tattoo cream eyeshadow which i've heard good things about, dabbed a little on my eyes when i got home, its not too liquidy, so it doesn't crease on your lids, and its very pigmented, thumbs up. You have to be quick to blend though, as it dries pretty quickly and doesn't budge, hence it's 24 hour wear. I got the shade 35 on and on bronze. I love bronze shades, i have blue eyes and bronze really makes blue eyes pop, i try not to get stuck in a rutt with browns and bronzes, but they work a treat on me and i always pick them up first naturally!
 
Lastly i picked up a couple of candles from the home section of Tkmaxx, their candle selection is amazing! Some can be pretty pricey, but most of them are real large chunky candles so last a while and smell amaaazing! Today i picked up a tropical scent one, and a christmas candy scent one, two completely different scents, but ya know, I generally like any sweet smelling candle. So im very excited to get the christmas candy one lit up!
 
Quite a long day, now Jaydon is up in bed and i'm having a cuppa!
Thanks for reading. Remember to add me on twitter: Kara_fbeaubaby
and like me on facebook: fashionbeautybaby
lotsa love, kara oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment