Saturday 28 December 2013

Percy & Reed colour & shine conditioner.

I've had this conditioner in my bathroom cab for around 6 months. It's Percy & Reed really rather radiant colour and shine conditioner. It retails at £16 for a 250ml bottle. Rather pricey I think, esp if you're after its sister shampoo too, £14 also for 250ml. That's £30 gold nuggets swiped outta your pocket, the bottles aren't the biggest, and if you're a convicted product over user like myself it's not going to last you long at all.

The packaging is pleasing, simple but chic. The ingredients include raspberry oil, white grape seed oil & aloe vera, while you'd expect the scent to be somewhat fruity, you'd be wrong, the only thing my sensitive sniffer could whiff was the aloe vera, which isn't to my snouts preference. The website www.beautybay.com (which has a large range of Percy & Reed products) claims this cond is "nourishing" and is designed for coloured hair. My hair has been bleached and coloured over & over to the point where I'm thankful to still have hair upon my abused head. This conditioner just doesn't cut if for me, its thin and watery, I always wring out my hair so conditioners aren't watered down, but I just couldn't feel this in my locks. As I said above, I always use far more product than needed and I still went in for seconds with this in hope it would thicken up, with no such happening I left it on for a good 5 mins. It rinsed off very easily, good for if you're in a rush but to me it just validated the feeling that it wasn't even there to begin with. I like a good war with my conditioner, imagining it clinging to my weakened mane desperate to exceed my already satisfied standards.

I didn't give my head hairs the extra leave in conditioners and serum it craved and proceeded to blow dry bare to see exactly what this cond had to offer, its last chance to survive in the highly competitive world that is my bathroom cupboard. My hair instantly wilted in the heat of my blow dryer showing the tell tale chewing gum like signs of bleached hair, frizzing and pulling at the ends. From the window behind i imagine my neighbours and nosey by passers on the phone to animal control with reports of an escaped circus lion standing on two feet. I am a mess.

I boldly take my straighteners in hand, and make matters worse. I think I may have lost an inch or two during this review.

I take to the bathroom where my two mirrors show no mercy and I'm surprised at how shiny my tortured wig is. Still without serum or shine sprays it glistens. 

I'd like to see this product in action on someone's hair that has more life and isn't so chemically treated, while this product is targeted at coloured hair I dont think its for dead hair, like mine. I'd use this again, just because I have it, and I'd use it after a deeper, thicker conditioner that my hair has already approved of and i'd follow it up with my leave-in conditioner and serums. I wouldn't buy this again as my hair is not getting in any better condition...I type this sat on my bed sporting a morrisons plastic bag on my noggin waiting for my full head colour to develop. 

To wrap up, give this a shot if you're hair isnt severely damaged as it does give brilliant glossy shine! However, unfortunately not enough nourishment, not a nice consistency and a disappointing scent. 

Let me know what you think of this product if you have used it. :) 

xXx

Kara


 

No comments:

Post a Comment