Wednesday 1 January 2014

New years scrub up.

Today, I've scrubbed away my 2013 dead skin cells, ew, and with the help of a new favourite product I've welcomed soft new skin for new years day.
I brought from the body shop during the sale & picked up a new shower scrunchie or lily whichever word your tongue prefers, there's one in the sale atm at £1. As much as I like my scrunchie to exfoliate as well as lather, this one is a tad too harsh on my skin, it scratches a little. Maybe it will soften up after another use or two, but I never keep them long so we'll see. Today though, as I needed a good skin shedding session, it was welcomed.
The shower gel of choice today to dribble all over my lily (clean minds please ;) !) was Radox berry burst shower cream, which does it's job, lathers up nicely and smells sweet & fruity! Lavly.
I have been excited to try my body shop Brazil but scrub since it came and today, I was not disappointed, It smells quite sweet, which I wasn't expecting, very pleasant. The texture is great! You have bigger & smaller scrub particles which I loved. It didn't dissolve and a little went a long way. I just love washing off scrub, its rather satisfying knowing all that cacky dead skin is going down the plug'ole with it! My skin was very very soft after, even that pesky dry skin at the back if your arms, gone. Only the dry patches on my knees remain, clinging for dear life, but that's winter clothes for you, I'll be honest, even my razor is happy at our reunion.
This scrub will be a permanent fixture in my bathroom & will not be collecting dust. I'm liking it lots.

I then took my body brush in hand and proceeded to brush my skin, feeling like big foot grooming his hairy bod! Of course I'm not hiding a hairy physique but that's what body brushing makes me think of! You're supposed to do this on dry skin, but being cold & naked in front of my unforgiving bathroom mirror isn't my idea of fun. I feel it makes no difference anyway. With my shower curtain protecting me from the heartless ass that is my mirror its just so much more relaxing.

LastIy, i washed my mug with simple facial wash. I got the wash, cleansing lotion & toner 3 for 2 at superdrug, I intend to use the wash in the shower/bath to remove make up and then the cleansing lotion & toner later on, which is exactly what I did.

I didn't get a simple moisturiser because I have so many to get through first! I'm using up my clean & clear dual action moisturiser atm. Its meant for bad skin, but I feel it makes no difference, im yet to use a clean & clear or clearasil product that actually does! Non the less its oil free and light so I rather like it on days when my face doesn't need more to drink.

Moisturisers of the day, are both from lush. I used "celebration" all over, which is a limited edition lotion. Its as thick as a lotion can get before becoming a butter, and it smells divine!!! Oranges & limes with almond oil, yum. Its a lovely big pot which will last me a while. However, this isn't one you can slather on get dressed and go, an hour later I was still sticky and greasy. Eventually my skin drank it all up and carried the lively fresh scent for a good few hours. One for those pamper days in your jimjams.
My extra dry patches sought v.i.p treatment in lush's dream cream which I will sure be purchasing again and hoping they do a very big pot! My hands belong to that of an 80 year old troll, I wash them a gerzillion times a day due to having a toddler who loves a good sticky, dirty, soggy and even poopy situation. This cream saves them instantly. It's a beast. A mighty good beast of a product. It has even overtaken my Palmers intensive hand cream. Blimey.

Lastly, I slathered my smackers with nivea's lip butter in caramel creme. Smells good enough to eat and reminds me of old primary school days, the caramel desert that was the ray of sunshine through the dark clouds of over processed meals that the microwave gave birth to. The one us children used to fight over seconds like wild ravenous coyotes. That one.

Those, my dears, were todays chosen pamper products and how fabulous they were.
Hope everyone had a brill new years
xXx Kara

1 comment:

  1. Thank you dearest! What's your bloglovin link? I think I may already be following!? Xx

    ReplyDelete