Friday 24 January 2014

Lush "the olive branch" shower gel

Just a quickie! My greedy paw fumbled around the body washeruper shelf of my bathroom cabinet and pulled out this little bottle of Lush shower gel

The olive branch shower gel.

This product needs a good old shake before use, this pic was taken post bathroom booty dance whilst product shaking. Before this its components are separated and look rather curdled and gross. BUT, I gave Lush the benefit of the doubt here seeing as you probably couldn't mix olive oil with anything without it throwing a strop. 
Its rather watery I feel it shouldn't be called shower gel, more shower liquid! Non the less it lathers nicely. You'd certainly need a shower lily/scrunchie or sponge though due to its wateryness, and more is needed in comparison to a thicker gel, so this little bottle won't last as long. 
I'm not sold on the scent, i like sweet and fruity scents for shower gels and this is very earthy. The ingredients does contain mandarins, but my snout cant detect it, amongst other ing like olive oil and vine leaves it just doesn't tickle my fancy in the smell dep. That said, I can compromise scent for pure natural oils, I have gone mad for all things oily lately, and why not? Oils have so many uses and are so good for our hair, skin, nails & everything else! I like nothing more than to head to the kitchen, dig out the olive oil and tip it over my head! I leave it on my hair as a mask for hours before washing out and revealing baby soft locks. So by all means, I can sacrifice scent for oils here, and its not an awful scent, just not to my preference. 
As I expected, it left my skin soft, it felt as if I'd exfoliated. This is the one to use if you're skipping the post shower moisturiser if you're rushed or just having a lazy toad day. 
You can also use this in your hair which I haven't tried yet, but sure will be. The more oil based products for my damaged wig, the better. I tend to use argan oil and olive oil most and I'm loving finding more & more products being released using natural oils. My hair and skin is rather thankful.

What's your favourite oil based product? 

Thanks for reading!
Kara xXx

1 comment:

  1. Hey! sorry couldn't find your twitter to tag you, I nominated you for the Liebster Award ^-^

    Hannah
    x

    http://bananabeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award-2014.html

    ReplyDelete