Saturday 4 January 2014

Lush bathtime.

Time for a soak with the rubber duck, and I'm trying two Lush products while I'm at it. A creamy candy bubble bar, and the limited edition gold FUN bar.


The candy bubble bar is sweetly scented with vanilla and is packed with cocoa butter & almond oil for soft skin. I plopped it into my bath as it filled and instantly expected it to start fizzing away, but some serious jazz hands were needed to help it along, and even then i was scavenging for the chunks that had fallen to the depths and smooshing them between my fingers. It bubbles as a bubble bar should. 
The sweet smell isn't as strong as i thought it'd be, but then again, the scented candles are usually flickering away and we wouldnt want to send our snouts into overdrive. My skin is feeling slimey, but that's just confirmation that the product is actually strong enough once diluted in my overflowing bath to cling to my skin. 

Onto the FUN bar. This ones the christmas limited edition gold bar but they do many others too. Its a playdough like consistency and the idea is to break a chunk off and use it to wash your body & can be used in hair too, as a bubble bath and to hand wash clothes, although, not all those ideas appeal to me to be honest, i guess i shouldn't knock it til i've tried it. It's aimed at children too, which im sure they'd love playing and moulding it into shapes. It contains sweet wild orange oil and is a very comforting smell, which funny enough is exactly what the label says as i've just read it! My sniffer is on high alert tonight! Here's the size of the piece i broke off, and like the big kid that i am, i couldn't help mould it myself! 
You can see the gold shimmer on my hand too, but its not enough once you've washed up to leave you emerging the bathroom looking like the christmas decs you've just reluctantly taken down...
Maybe the chunk i used wasn't big enough, it lathered well initially, and easily, but didn't go very far. I like a good lather, my own private foam party.

Post bath i was relaxed and soft enough to skip the moisturiser. I also didn't want to disturb the scent that clung to me, with every waft of a limb i could smell vanilla milkshake. Yum. 

Lush bathbombs are always a winner and they're always bringing out new ones to try. As  for FUN, would i repurchase..? Probably not, but i haven't tried all it's possibilities yet, it's also a brill idea for kids. 

What's your favourite Lush bathtime product?
xXx Kara 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot get enough of lush at the moment! The Rose Jam bath bomb is definitely one to try! I'm going to be doing a post about it soon :)
    Love the detailed review!

    Play with Beauty

    ReplyDelete