Saturday 4 January 2014

Make-up: Maybelline dream fresh BB

I was recently confronted and intimidated in a ladies public toilet. She pointed out my flaws like no other, highlighting my bad skin, my dry patches, my old acne scars, my eye baggage, my beautiful juicy new spots, she could even see ones lurking under my skin. She was harsh and unforgiving. I'm sure you all have one near you, this bitch my friends, is the common public toilet mirror.
What kind of breed of mirror are these!? Why are they so unflattering!?

After my incident with the heartless glass I set out on mission "sort my face out". I went through every lotion, potion & tablet on the market as a teen when my father kindly passed on the faulty gene that is hereditary acne. Until I was prescribed Dianette, a contraceptive pill that is also prescribed for bad skin. If you're reading this thinking "I want that!!!" I recently heard they stopped prescribing it due to serious health risks.
Alternatively, I am going down the herbal route and I'm trying different products to put a stop to the beasts that dwell within. I'm hoping they will have a better effect this time round as my skin isn't as bad as before, it now comes and goes depending on the time of the month. So look out for those posts if monthly facial madness is something you're plagued with too!

On to the product review, I've rambled a little in this post! My sincere apologies.
I wanted to try a lighter foundation to allow my skin to breathe. I had tried a BB cream before and didn't like it, it was Miss sporty...? Which I don't think is a very established brand, I never see bbloggers raving about their products and I never see advertisements either. So this time i went with Maybelline dream fresh BB


The thought of a BB cream doesn't really appeal to me, I like coverage when I need it most and even when i dont need it, i dont think to change my base make-up accordingly. I am now on the hunt for something lighter in hope to let my skin breathe and avoid another cakey face in the mirror incident, even though i swear my make up was perfectly fine in any other mirror than that pesky one in the loos. 
I dont think i have found that in this BB cream, the coverage is light to say the least and im now only going to use it on good skin days. It's very greasy on the skin up until you apply powder, and even then the greasyness comes back asking for another date with your shine surpressant, so if you're trying this BB dont be without your powder or blotting papers. 
From what i could see it only comes in three shades, light, medium & dark which is always dissapointing to see. I picked up light and its a decent match. 

I've said all i can about this product, i think BB creams are only suitable for those blessed in the skin dep or for make up virgins starting to experiment. 

Have you tried a BB cream that you love? I don't think I'll try another one unless I hear raving reviews...

xXx Kara

2 comments:

  1. The seventeen range at boots have a new foundation called 'on the spot' it's a foundation but with spot clearing properties and it claims clearer skin in a number of weeks! I won one at work (work at boots) and have to say its really good! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep meaning to go have a look at seventeen since they revamped. classic superdrug just down the street syndrone! Looks brill so far! I'll be sure to check this out! Thank you!

      Delete